Privacy Notice for California Residents
Last updated: February 8, 2023
Last reviewed:February 8, 2023
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Categories of Personal Information Collected.
· Identifiers, such as name, email addresses, adiClub membership ID, and billing and shipping address for online purchases.
· Categories of personal information described in the California Customer Records statute (California Civil Code Section 1798.80), including physical characteristics, body measurements, payment information, and, for employment candidates, education and employment history.
· Characteristics of protected classifications under California law, such as gender, age (over 40), and veteran status.
· Commercial information, including purchasing habits, payment methods, and billing information.
· Biometric information, including any exercise data and preferences you share with us.
· Internet and other similar network activity, such as browsing history.
· Geolocation data, including your device location, if your device settings allow us to collect that information.
· Audio and visual information, such as pictures you may upload to our site, recorded customer services calls, and security videos from our retail stores.
· Professional or employment-related information, for example, from employment candidates.
· Inferences drawn from the above information to create consumer profiles reflecting certain preferences and behaviors.
Business or Commercial Purpose for Collecting, Sharing, and Selling Information.
Categories of Sources of Personal Information.
Categories of Third Parties to Whom We Disclose Information.
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed.
In the last 12 months, we have shared with third parties, for a business or commercial purpose, the types of personal information described in the “Categories of Personal Information Collected” section above.
Sale of Personal Information.
For the purposes of the CCPA, “selling” information broadly means scenarios where we have shared personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration. We do share identifiers such as cookies and the advertising identifier associated with your mobile device with our advertising and analytics partners, and those partners use and share those identifiers to show ads that are targeted to your interests and measure their effectiveness. To opt out of these “sales,” please click the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link at the bottom of this page.
Your California Consumer Rights.
California consumers have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them in the last 12 months. You may make this request up to two times in a 12-month period. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources of such collection, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share and sell your personal information, the categories of personal information we have disclosed and sold about you in the preceding 12 months, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold personal information in the preceding 12 months. If you are a California consumer, you also have the right to request deletion of your personal information (subject to certain exceptions), to opt out of sales of personal information and to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against even if you exercise any of your CCPA rights.
California consumers may make a rights request by calling customer service at 1-888-694-6364 or by clicking the “Data Settings” link at the bottom of this page. Your request must include sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, which may include your email address, name and account id (which is required only if you already have an account with us). If you have an account with us, you can find your account id on your main account page after you log in. To opt-out of the “sale” of your information as described above, please click the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link at the bottom of this page. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Using an Authorized Agent
You may use an authorized agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA. We may request evidence from the authorized agent that you have provided that agent with signed permission to submit the requests on your behalf. We may ask you to verify your identity with us directly or we may ask you to directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. For more details on how you can use an authorized agent, or if you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request on behalf of a California consumer, please contact us at 1-888-694-6364.
We offer various financial incentives. For example, we provide discounts, early access to products, special offers, and other benefits to members of our adiClub program. We also offer discounts for subscribing to our newsletters and marketing communications. And in some cases, we offer access to products and services in exchange for, among other things, feedback about those products and services.
When you participate in adiClub or other financial incentives we offer, we collect personal information from you, such as identifiers like your name and email address, and commercial information like your purchasing habits and profile information such as product preferences. Some of our sweepstakes and contests may be considered a financial incentive. Most of our sweepstakes and contests require that you have an adiClub account. To create an account, you’ll need to provide identifiers, including your name, email address, and password, as well as characteristics of protected classifications under California law, including your age (date of birth). For some sweepstakes, you may also need to download our adidas App, in which case we collect identifiers such as device identifiers and internet and other similar network activity, including app download information.
You can opt into a financial incentive by following instructions surfaced in connection with sign-up, and you may opt-out of the incentive at any time by contacting customer service at 1-888-694-6364. In some cases, we may provide additional terms and conditions for a financial incentive, which we will provide to you when you sign up. The value of your personal information is reasonably related to the value of the discount or benefit presented to you.
CCPA Request Rights Metrics for 2021
The following chart shows details about the consumer rights requests we received under CCPA from January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021:
Fulfilled (in whole or part)
Average Days to Respond
Requests to Know
Requests to Delete
Requests to Opt-Out of Personal Information Sales
* This includes requests where users did not confirm their identity, where provided verification information did not match the information on file for that account, where users did not provide all required verification information, and where requests were denied on other grounds.